Trips+Senior Software Tester (Manager)
Freetown, Sierra Leonne
The position is responsible for ensuring that product quality is assured before deployment to live environment by providing an objective and independent view on risks of implementing any software, undertaking various testing techniques to the process of executing a program or application with the intent of finding software bugs (errors or other defects).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Test Management
- Setup test environment, create/ design Test scenarios and Test cases
- Analyze, review and assess software requirements, specifications and models for testability
- Measure performance of components and provide data for software metrics2. Test Script Creation and Refactoring
- Automate tests
- Contribute to the creation of test plans
- Contribute in creation of test reports3. Test and UAT execution
- Manage and coordinate the user and acceptance of the software environment
- Prepare and acquire test data
- Execute and log tests, evaluate results and document deviations from expected results
- Conduct Peer Reviews on Test Cases and Defects
- Perform Sanity, System Testing and Regression Testing
- Coordinating with Development Team Regarding Project Status and Builds4. Test Reporting
- Reporting Identified Defects and Tracking them to Closure
- Collect project measurement & metrics data, validate the data and report the analysis
- Periodic (Daily) reporting of the Daily status of all assigned tasks to the supervisor5. Knowledge Transfer:
- Conducting and participating in Trainings, Team Meetings and other Knowledge Transfer Projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Business IT or a related field;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience
- Experience in Software testing environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and SQL Queries.
- Any combination of certifications in Testing Tools or proficiency in IT
- Knowledge of at least one programming language and /or Testing Tools, Statistical tools
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization, Formal presentation.
- Ability to write complex reports.
- Analytical skills.
- Quality work output, contributes to team success, Initiating action, applied learning.
- Seeks continuous learning.
- Formal presentation.
- Technologically savvy: should have vested interest in using the latest technologies, and is constantly seeking to expand knowledge base. Strong understanding of related terminology, best practices, project management, business rules and customer requirements.
- Adaptability to ambiguity and Time Management: Ability to multitask and work on different complex assignments simultaneously and within set deadlines.
- Team Player: Must be able to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
Send to a friend