Head of Engineering
Techno Brain Group has partnered withMicrosoft as a client to open the first Techno Brain Engineering Centre in Nairobi, Kenya. This gets us an exclusive access to Windows Insider software builds that are yet to be released in the global market which our highly skilled engineers perform vigorous tests of applications, thus ensuring that applications continue to work flawlessly with each Windows Release, flight or update that is released globally. There are currently 3 Microsoft engineering sites globally and these are based out of China, Poland and India. Our engineering center is the first one in Africa. This initiative provides jobs to large Kenyan youth and position Kenya as a preferred choice for highly skilled engineering, quality assurance (QA), and testing outsourcing. Currently were hiring a Head of Engineering role to be part of this Engineering Centre.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information System, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- 10+ years of leading a technical organization, managing multiple software engineering and validation teams through a complete product cycle.
- Expertise in development using Microsoft technologies and the related such as C#, .Net, SQL etc.
- Experience delivering Server, Client and Cloud solutions with latest development tools.
- Understanding of SDLC, QA manual & automation testing and its applicable technologies.
- Process skills and process improvement – Strong orientation to processes and technology. Has created process standards and/ or can own and fix routines involving multiple systems.
- Process transformation – strong process design and improvement experience with expertise in technology implementation and integration.
- The ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, to be able to deliver high end projects with high productivity.
- Work effectively in a matrix environment and manage a global team.
- To be able to recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead world class application engineering talent.
- Deep understanding of Windows as an Operating system, Windows Server, Azure Architecture and Dev Ops.
- Good written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Develop and drive Engineering and DevOps consulting strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
- Technical delivery and leadership of globally distributed development teams up to 100 in size.
- Provide direction on the appropriate processes, leadership and strategy to ensure the quality of all systems development projects initiated or maintained by the information technology management/services area.
- Creating a strong operational method to measure and improving quality throughout the project implementation.
- Developing new and enhancing existing processes for development and testing.
- Collaborates and partners with client, third party vendors and strategic suppliers to implement and execute on the Development and Testing strategy.
Please email your CV’s to: email@example.com indicating the position applied for.