Java Technical Architect
You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of architects and engineers who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of cloud, open source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
We have world class architecture and software engineering communities; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject.
As a member of our solution architecture team, you will bring a mix of technical skills, industry insight, business acumen and leadership. You will forge close working relationships not only with our architecture and engineering teams in UK and India, but also with the many other roles within the Tax and Customs SBU. You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative, tax and customs products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge cloud-native architectures in development today
- Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach
- Support estimation, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader
- Collaborate closely with our product teams to ensure our products are built to reflect your solution vision and make the best use of current development practices
- Maintain technical relationships with our clients and technology partners
- Be a trusted technology adviser to our clients as well as colleagues
- Developing the Trips Tax and Customs solutions and related products
- Producing project feasibility and effort estimate reports
- Presenting proposals to Product Manager(s)
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of stakeholders to ensure technical compatibility and end user satisfaction;
- Working collaboratively with Distributed off-shore delivery teams.
- Understanding and overseeing the full SDLC.
Reporting: The Java Technical Architect will report to the Product Director through the Product Manager
Key Performance Indicators
- Compliance to Work Schedule with Schedule Variance < 5%
- Compliance to Project Effort with Effort Variance (Scrum) <10%
- Defect on Quality of Work – QA Test Bugs < 2%
- Non-Conformities in Audits and Code Reviews < 2%
- Number of hours on Knowledge Transfer- at least two (24) hours of training imparted
- Minimum of 10 years of software development, integration experience is required in a team lead capacity.
- 3-year integration (programming) experience with any ESB platform (JBOSS, Apache ServiceMix, Apache Camel, Oracle ESB, IBM WS WSB, WSO2, etc.) as a Developer is required
- In depth knowledge of JMS, asynchronous programming techniques.
- Experience with Java 8 is mandatory
- Practical experience in implementing Micro-services architecture.
- Practical experience with Security frameworks.
- Experience with Code Quality tools such as SonarQube etc.
- Experience with deploying J2EE rich and/or web client applications in a high-availability, clustered environment.
- Expertise in the Unified Modeling Language (UML) for constructing, and documenting the artifacts of software systems
- Exemplary general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middleware, etc.)
- Expertise and experience in lightweight, rapid development, agile methodologies.
- Ability to work independently delivering POC’s
- Experience on Linux platforms, understanding of SOA design principles and best practices is required
- Development of enterprise services using SOAP, REST based APIs is required
- Extensive experience working with XPath, XSLT and other XML APIs
- Experienced writing and running JUnit and/or TestNG tests, TDD, continuous integration (Maven and Jenkins) is required
- Containerisation technology (Docker or Kubernetes) is mandatory
- Hands on experience creating, validating, debugging and consuming XML and JSON is required
- In-depth experience of DevOps tools (Chef, Puppet, Nagios, AppDynamics, NewRelic, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering / similar is required
- Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal communication skills
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interested and open to business travel
- Analytical, Planning & Scheduling, Estimation skills
- Use of the JIRA issue tracking system is (Desirable)
- Technologically savvy: should have vested interest in learning and using the latest technologies in coding and is constantly seeking to expand knowledge base.
- Team Player: Must be able to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Highly Analytical and attention to detail
- Adaptability to ambiguity and Time Management: Ability to multitask and work on different projects simultaneously and within set deadlines.
- Customer satisfaction Oriented : Knowledge about the subject area in which they are working, or the intended audience, is valuable
- Result-Oriented / solution driven/ Innovative
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
Send Cv’s to: email@example.com