You’ll be joining a passionate, professional and highly skilled team of architects and engineers who specialise in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale. Innovation in delivery is always at the forefront of our minds, which is why we utilise a variety of cloud, open source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
We have world class architecture and software engineering communities; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject.
As a member of our solution architecture team, you will bring a mix of technical skills, industry insight, business acumen and leadership. You will forge close working relationships not only with our architecture and engineering teams in UK and India, but also with the many other roles within the Tax and Customs SBU. You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative, tax and customs products.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work on some of the most bleeding edge cloud-native architectures in development today.
- Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
- Support estimation, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader.
- Collaborate closely with our product teams to ensure our products are built to reflect your solution vision and make the best use of current development practices.
- Maintain technical relationships with our clients and technology partners.
- Be a trusted technology adviser to our clients as well as colleagues.
- Developing the Trips Tax and Customs solutions and related products;
- Producing project feasibility and effort estimate reports;
- Presenting proposals to Product Manager(s);
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of stakeholders to ensure technical compatibility and end user satisfaction;
Reporting: The Microsoft Solution Architect will report to the Product Director through the Product Manager
Key Performance Indicators
- Compliance to Work Schedule with Schedule Variance < 5%
- Compliance to Project Effort with Effort Variance (Scrum) <10%
- Defect on Quality of Work – QA Test Bugs < 2%
- Non Conformities in Audits and Code Reviews < 2%
- Number of hours on Knowledge Transfer- at least two (24) hours of training imparted
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering / similar
- Excellent knowledge of exploiting Microsoft Architecture for Dynamic product solutions
- A self-motivated desire to continually learn and improve.
- A strong background in Microsoft technology; experience of building scalable, resilient and secured applications using Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics 365 and Microsoft .NET.
- Experience of working in collaborative teams.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology.
- Analytical, Planning & Scheduling, Estimation skills
- Understanding of modern SOA application platforms (web services especially)
- Use of the JIRA issue tracking system is desirable too
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Customs and Tax Domain Experience (Desirable)
- Test Automation Experience (Desirable)
- Microsoft Solution Architect Certification (Desirable)
- Working with Distributed off-shore delivery teams (Desirable)
- Dev/Ops background/experience (Desirable)
- Working Knowledge of technologies/architecture (Desirable)
- Dynamics CRM
- Containerisation technology (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Technologically savvy: should have vested interest in learning and using the latest technologies in coding, and is constantly seeking to expand knowledge base.
- Team Player: Must be able to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Highly Analytical and attention to detail
- Adaptability to ambiguity and Time Management: Ability to multitask and work on different projects simultaneously and within set deadlines.
- Customer satisfaction Oriented : Knowledge about the subject area in which they are working, or the intended audience, is valuable
- Result-Oriented / solution driven/ Innovative
Excellent communication skills (written and oral)