This is a specialized role in the area of development that require collaboration with other specialists in development groups responsible for the complete life cycle of a new or modified software product, from research and design to implementation, training and support. The role analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of designing within time, risk, quality and cost constraints.
The Snr Oracle Developer DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Oracle RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our Trips+ application across multiple environments. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the Oracle Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
Role and Responsibilities
- Technical Design and Documentation
- Close collaboration with development teams, assisting with complex query tuning, supporting knowledge transfer and provisioning environments.
- Coding Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, JOBs in Oracle as specified in the related Design Documents. This includes developing software in selected languages for organization’s products and/or applications consistently following TBL’s coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
- Working closely with DevOps team to automate DB patching and deployments.
- Preparing the Technical Documentation during and after coding as well as estimating level of effort required
- Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionality as part of a software project
- Contribute to peer code reviews and evaluating new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some electrical design aspects
- Contribute to product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and system tradeoffs
- Testing and System Integrity:
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Work in collaboration with Testing unit to perform Unit Test Execution and Peer Code Review of the Features Updated
- Debugging/ Fixing any internal or external issues if required.
- Reporting: Provide Daily/Weekly progress Reports, Timesheet Submission as required
Key Performance Indicators
- Degree (%) compliance to Work Schedule Timelines, procedures and processes
- Zero Defect on Quality of Work
- Degree (%) of Customer Satisfaction Level
- Degree (%) of Accuracy in reports
- Number (Zero) Non-Conformities in Audits and documentation
- Number of Skills Upgrade – at least two (2) new skill learnt
- Number of Innovations developed – at least two (2) new solutions
- Number of hours on Knowledge Transfer- at least two (2) hours of training imparted
- Number of re-usable repository- at least 1 component
- Senior Oracle DBA with 5+ years working experience in writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, JOBs in Oracle
- Excellent development skills
- Extensive knowledge on PL/SQL programming.
- Strong scripting skills – PowerShell, bash, python etc.
- Strong performance tuning skills, Clustering Mechanism and should have exposure on Oracle Replication.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- DevOps experience a plus
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Understanding of, and experience with, client-server computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques
- Working experience on Toad or equivalentvery effectively and strong Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Experience with Cloud / Virtualization / Containers a plus.
- Degree in Information Technology, Software, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or any other related field or other related field.
- Oracle certifications a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Technologically savvy: should have vested interest in learning and using the latest technologies in coding, and is constantly seeking to expand knowledge base.
- Team Player: Must be able to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Highly Analytical and attention to detail
- Adaptability to ambiguity and Time Management: Ability to multitask and work on different projects simultaneously and within set deadlines.
- Customer satisfaction Oriented : Knowledge about the subject area in which they are working, or the intended audience, is valuable
- Result-Oriented / solution driven/ Innovative
Excellent communication skills (written and oral);