The position is responsible for overseeing the successful planning, implementation, monitoring, tracking, control and closure of specific projects upon which the delivery of the TRIPS+ ITAS system is dependent on, working closely with the ITAS project team and the Malawi Revenue Authority to ensure these projects are planned and completed and available in time.
As a team – leader, the role holder must have excellent technical skill and subject matter expertise and serve as a coach to their team. He / She will be responsible for ensuring overall employee satisfaction and productivito, in order to deliver strategic and operational business excellence. As a project manager, you need to have a passion for developing people, have a strong work ethic, and are able to manage multiple workflows and projects simultaneously. He/she should also be willing to take up other management responsibilities as required to provide cover or support within the business.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Relevant professional qualification
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience with at least one (1) year in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience in project management or the related area.
- PMP Certification.
- Must have hands-on experience in requirement gathering & onsite co-ordination.
- Strong knowledge & prior experience in software development (e.g. ERP in Public Finance).
- Knowledge of infrastructure LAN, WAN designs and implementation is a plus.
- Knowledge Design & Architecture of the projects, .NET framework, ASP.NET, C# and VB.NET
- Project Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Managing Project Teams, Stakeholder, Communication and reporting
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Managing the project risk
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitment requests if necessary during project cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Managing the project schedule and Budget
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Managing the project delivery
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
Closing Date for receiving applications: 10th November ,2019.
Send Cv’s to:firstname.lastname@example.org