Software Design Engineer
The position is responsible for delivering the design and development of new and emerging systems/applications on multiple platforms. This position will also participate in architectural and design discussions with senior team members to come up with fitting solutions to problems, while developing and translating user experience guidelines across multiple devices and platforms.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electronics or a related field.
- 5+ years software industry experience spanning server/service development and web client development.
- Using live site performance and telemetry data to make informed decisions.
- Passion for delivering high quality/delightful user experience.
- Committed to quality, including security, compliance and performance.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer focus.
- Thought leader around testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when the code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Ideal to have experience with some of the following languages and frameworks: Azure IoT Edge, Docker, and/or Xamarin experience will be an added advantage.
- Building full-stack solutions incorporating web front-end in React or Angular, mid-tier application logic and databases, ideally both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Building knowledge of and working with cutting edge and pre-release solutions.
- Iterate quickly on proof of concepts to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions.
- Implement solutions through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, and leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
- Design and implement test coverage for services, as well as organizes and implements integration tests.
Please email your CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for.