This role holder ensures that the lab environment supports the quality assurance work that guarantees application solutions quality before launch to the market. The incumbent shall work closely with the internal project teams to identify, configure and troubleshoot Lab setup to ensure that all planned work is completed. He or she must be a network and software guru undertaking reviews of the network setup, identifying bottlenecks, troubleshooting failures and maintaining the security and standards needed to support testing procedures. To succeed in this role, the incumbent must a quick thinker to translate of partner requirements, achiever, techy whizz and aggressive driver of deadlines for positive relationship across the board immediately.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information System, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- At least 1-year experience with one major Cloud Platform, preferably Azure is Mandatory.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in System Administration, preferably in a Software testing environment.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting, Windows troubleshooting, MS Office and SQL Queries.
- In depth knowledge in Virtualization preferably Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Good understanding of Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Experience managing a fleet of servers or desktops using Windows Admin Centre or any other application.
- Knowledge on VPNs, setup and troubleshooting.
- Very good knowledge in networking and its concepts such as routing, switching, subnets, ACLs, NAT, with a solid understanding of the OSI model.
- Any combination of certifications in Testing Tools, ISTQB is preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language and /or Testing Tools, Statistical tools.
- Technical Support
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Testing Centre Lab blade server’s/test machines based on Windows, Virtualization (Hyper-V) & Azure. This includes response, problem resolution and escalation of server issues.
- Analysis of server hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching.
- Troubleshooting Lab issues including performing Root Cause Analysis in order to identify problems and putting measures to avoid similar issues in the future.
- Lab Optimization
- Ensuring well usage of available compute resources and that VMs are created and managed using virtualization best practices.
- Leading and improving lab processes for test executions.
- Plan, create and maintain smooth execution and long-term improvements.
- Monitor, identify, mitigate and communicate risks impacting the Lab and testing procedures.
- Preparation of weekly reports on the Lab status.
Closing Date for receiving applications: 30th November, 2019.Send Cv’s to:email@example.com