This is a specialized role in the area of development that requires the jobholder is to be responsible for creating visually engaging and innovative web-based and mobile products for the Trips™ integrated revenue product within the product ‘core’ team. The jobholder is expected to not only bring concepts to life, cultivating bonds between customers and brands, but they also intuit human response to visuals of all kinds.
The incumbent is expected to have a team approach and work closely with other senior developers. He/she is to work in conjunction with the Analysts to understand the Business and System Requirements and consequently design Craft graphic elements, assets, and visual treatments that adapt and flow with responsive design systems
Partner with front-end developers and create HTML5 and CSS-friendly designs as well as produce brand standards and style guides for creating interactive, user-centric products
Be the keeper of the brand look and feel and ensure all creative broadcast across all channels lives up to the highest quality of the company’s visual standards.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate in a team with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Ensure tasks are completed within the agreed timeframe
- Work in an ‘agile’ environment
- Testing and System Integrity:
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Perform Unit Test Execution and Peer Review of any of the Features Updated
- Debugging/ Fixing any internal or external issues if any
- Reporting: The UI Developer will report to the Product Development Manager.
Key Performance Indicators
- Compliance to Work Schedule with Schedule Variance < 5%
- Compliance to Project Effort with Effort Variance (Scrum) <10%
- Zero Defect on Quality of Work – QA Test Bugs < 2%
- Zero Non Conformities in Audits and Code Reviews < 2%
- Number of hours on Knowledge Transfer- at least two (12) hours of training imparted
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies across multiple channels (eg Web, Mobile and Tablet), specifically Angular Framework, Bootstrap Framework
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related is desirable
- Ability to work within agile delivery and planning methodology (Scrum)
- Strong experience with XML and related technologies using JSON
- Experience with MVC architecture and Design Patterns
- Good experience in Bower & Grunt
- Good understanding in LESS & SASS (CSS preprocessors)
- Technologically savvy: should have vested interest in learning and using the latest technologies in coding, and is constantly seeking to expand knowledge base.
- Team Player: Must be able to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Highly Analytical and attention to detail
- Adaptability to ambiguity and Time Management: Ability to multitask and work on different projects simultaneously and within set deadlines.
- Customer satisfaction Oriented: Knowledge about the subject area in which they are working, or the intended audience, is valuable
- Result-Oriented / solution driven/ Innovative
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);